Friday, 2 May 2014

Computer Application, ARC 2723

Comp App Assignment 1

Assignment 1 requires the student to select a building + gather the relative detailed drawings ofthat building (plan, elevation, section) and create a complete model (without lighting) of the 
design using 3dMax/ Rhino/ or both.

WIP Progress:




















REFLECTION:
In completion of this assignment, I have learned how to make use of the Rhinoceros 
programme in order to create a 3d model which is rather organic. During the model making 
process, I have struggled a lot in creating the organic surfaces of my building as I’m still not veryfamiliar with the programme. However I find it very interesting as well all the way through as I 
keep on trying & trying different methods of building curved surfaces. Though it took a very long time for me to learn and try out, it is nevertheless rather worth it as I have now master some of 
the techniques commonly used to create organic shapes; it shouldn’t be a problem for me 
again next time.

Comp App Assignment 2


Assignment 2 is divided into 2: Assignment 2A, Exterior Renderings/ Assignment 2B, Interior 
Renderings. Using the same model from Project 1, students are required to add in materials, 
lights, cameras and site context for final rendering. Site context may include landscaping, 
furniture, vehicles and human characters. 

2A WIP Progress:

Wall thickness was first added to the building> then contour was created as well> materials added to building & contour> external rendering by adjusting the camera views & sun position


Wall thickness added



Contour created
Add materials to contour
Rendering 1
Rendering 2
2B WIP Progress:
Interior space created
Exterior view
Layers created by using different colours
Materials were applied into the interior space
Furniture's added to the building (dining tables & chair's)
\
Reception counter + sofa's added
Lighting added to the building (test)
Close-up rendering(test) with lighting
Test rendering without lighting (interior space too dark despite presence of natural lighting)
Final rendering 01
Final rendering 02

REFLECTION:
In completion of Assignment 2, I have learned how to insert lighting source (sunlight/ 
artificial lighting) into my design in order to create different atmosphere and feelings. 
Besides, I also learned how to insert a camera view and adjusting its focal length in order 
to get the view of my building that I want to capture. 

Comp App Assignment 3: VIDEO

Assignment 3 requires the students to produce a 90 seconds long animation of the selected 
building. Rendered clips are needed to be combined with video editing programme for 
presentation (background musics & special effects can be added).
WIP Progress:
Site Context added to the contour
Camera added + animation created
Set up rendering
Video rendering in progress
Combining parts of rendered video in Windows Live Movie Maker (music added)
Video uploaded on youtube
This is the link for my video, hope u guys enjoy it~ =D

JR.Q Final Assignment

REFLECTION:
In completion of this assignment, I have learned how to set camera paths using 3dMax software in order to record the animation. I think this assignment is relatively useful because this is 
normally how designers sell their ideas & designs; by using a video that tells everything about 
the design, it can communicate even better the idea to the clients rather than verbal 
presentation. Through making a video of the design, people will easily understand the concept or even the feeling & atmosphere of the interior of building that a designer wants to translate. 
Thus, I think this assignment really helps me a lot and I am sure it would be helpful for my design in the future as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment