Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Building Construction 1, ARC1523

Building Construction Assignemt 1: Experiencing Construction (Group)

Assignment 1 requires the student to select a ongoing construction site which visibly covers most of subject topics covered in the syllabus. Students are to identify different types of building elements and its construction process, details & materials. Information were to be documented in the form of report consisting of visual images, sketches & drawings.



REFLECTION:

Throughout this assignment, I’ve understand and is able to explain the basic process of a construction process, from the beginning, which is the foundation stage till the very last stage. In order to complete this assignment, we have to go for a site visit to survey in detail about the whole process of the construction itself; not only by taking pictures of the process, but also by interviewing some of the workers & contractors. I find it very useful talking to the workers there as they are very clear of the whole process of the construction. Besides, I’ve also learned how to communicate well with the workers as most of them are not local; therefore, talking to them is quite difficult at first. However, I’ve now understand more on the materials used & construction method of a particular elements of the building, for instance the roof, doors & windows, etc. 


Building Construction Assignment 2: 
Integrated Construction Detailing/ Drawings (Individual)

Assignment 2 requires the student to identify and propose 3 numbers of details for selected element or part of the building (Design of Studio final assignment) apart from providing the necessary plans, section and elevations. The 3 architectural detailing should be covering the elements: Roof, superstructure & Foundation.
Presentation Board (Including construction detailing for studio design)
REFLECTION: 


Throughout this assignment, I’ve developed more understanding on the details of the construction process as I have to apply the construction methods into my design; this had made my building design more mature & closer to reality. Due to the fact that the design for Studio is integrated with Building Construction 1, my design should be buildable with the technology now; this had to be proven through visualizing the construction method used for my building design on paper. For this assignment, though it is quite similar to assignment 1, I have to develop a more detailed construction detailings such as the specific materials used, the joinings of the materials and such. I understand that the more detailing I gave, people would be able to understand my design easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment